Homeworld 2 Complex Forum Index
 Portal •  Blog •  Album •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Calendar   •  Register  •  User Panel  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
  FlashChat  •  Statistics  •  Links  •   Downloads  •   Comments to your karma  •  Toplist  •  Guestbook  •  Recent topics  •  Voting forum
Differing stats in GUI from files
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

View previous topicEmail to a Friend.Users who have viewed this topicSave this topic as a txt filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
Nobunaga

Ensign
Ensign

italy
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:  Differing stats in GUI from files
Description:

Hi Beghins and team. Long time Complex player here, been playing for the last 6 years or so. This is all referring to Complex 11.4 on Homeworld Remastered.

Usually I extract the files and edit some things personally for balance, though I must commend you as 11 seems very even and fair (other than the power being very restrictive for the highly multigunned combat Capitals).

One thing I have noticed though is the in game GUI stats, and those in the SHIP files, seem to differ a lot. For example the hgn mothership is set to have 700,000 health in files, while the GUI in game is off by around 21,000 (679,000). This seems to be true of every ship. While testing i've concluded that the game files are correct, and the GUI is created from a sort of master list of stats. Editing the health in the files makes no GUI change, while (for example) editing speed in the files changes the GUI current speed but not the max speed creating the mothership doing 200/30 (current/max).

For one i'm surprised the GUI cannot pull all these figures from the game. Think i'm going to do some digging and see where these GUI figures are stored.

I know there's still a bit to do so i'll understand if this isn't really a priority compared to other things. But thought i'd bring the issue up in case it wasn't noticed. As it'd be nice to have the GUI fully represent what's in the files. I'm thinking maybe the combat stance may cause the health change (physical and GUI), but surprised it's 2.5% or so off on neutral which suppose to be a "zero" changed stance.

A long time fan.
HeavyTurret

Ensign
Ensign

usa
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Having done a lot of my own personal modding on the base files of Complex, I can offer a little bit of insight. Let's use the hgn_mothership file for example.

Inside you'll find 7 files. The most important ones would be the hgn_mothership.ship file and the hgn_mothership.lua file.

Changing the health value, for instance, in only the .ship file will not produce the desired result, because there's also a health stat you need to change in the .LUA file. This is because of the complex (hah!) scripting done in this mod. If you want to change things like health or speed, you need to change the .LUA file to get it to work properly. I think the .ship file also needs to be modified in conjunction.

One thing I haven't been able to get to work is the DPS reading on the GUI. I made some weapons more powerful, but it doesn't update in game (even though the weapons are doing more damage physically). I think this is because of the damage tag in the .LUA file, but I don't quite understand the value flags in that one, or what they're referencing, so I left it alone.

Edit: Hmm, I guess I didn't entirely answer your question here as to why the GUI displays a different number, but it's mainly because of the multiplication values that are applied in the .LUA file.
Beghins

Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Complex Team

italy
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject:  
Description:

yes complex uses its own stats, indeed they're updated during game, based on all factors that happen (exp. upgrades and so on).
We have did this because the original stats don't work with these parameters.

Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!

Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeworld 2 Complex Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: