Homeworld 2 Complex Forum Index
 Portal •  Blog •  Album •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Calendar   •  Register  •  User Panel  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
  FlashChat  •  Statistics  •  Links  •   Downloads  •   Comments to your karma  •  Toplist  •  Guestbook  •  Recent topics  •  Voting forum
Complex Empire
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topicEmail to a Friend.Users who have viewed this topicSave this topic as a txt filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
Jelrak

Captain
Captain

canada
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

m. Espionage Sub-Station
i. A facility that serves as the heart of the player’s intelligence gathering network. It provides access to Espionage Points, which can be used either offensively or defensively

ii. Allows access to the Espionage Control Panel with seven main options:
1. Train Defensive Agents: add additional spies to the player’s roster for a given number of R.U.s per turn. Defensive agents aid in the accruing of Defensive Espionage Points, useable to counter those of offensive agents

2. Deploy Offensive Agents: add available spies to the player’s network. Spies will be sent off at a given rate each turn in order to allow the player to perform overt actions. The greater number of offensive agents installed, the better chance of a successful mission being carried out in the future

3. Hiijack Ship (requires Advanced Infiltration Focus): take possession of a random enemy ship and attempt to pilot it to safety. Ship size is based on the amount of Offensive Espionage Points accrued

4. Scuttle Ship (requires Advanced Stealth Focus): sabotage an Enemy ship by causing its core to explode. Ship size is based on the amount of Offensive Espionage Points accrued

5. Steal Technology: take hold of a rival technology otherwise unknown. Rate of success is based on the amount of Offensive Espionage Points accrued

6. Steal Rival Ship Plans: attempt to construct a ship belonging to a rival empire. Requires the Alien Framework Station (buildable from the Science Construction Ship)

7. Place Bureau On Standby: a neutral setting best selected during times of austerity

iii. The Advanced Stealth Focus is available through this station

iv. Provides access to Spy Probes
1. Increase cloak detection
a. A probe with a strong sensor array especially attuned to cloak-wave signatures
b. Useful at the edge of a player’s visual range, but not much further as it is most important that rival ships be tracked within operating areas

2. Reduce Enemy cloaking strength
a. A probe that scans in the all non-visual spectrums to provide an improved awareness of absence
b. Useful in areas where cloaked ships are suspected to frequent

n. Fighter Production Sub-Station
i. A facility that builds a wider range of Fighters than are available from the Mothership, and at a faster rate

ii. Comes complete with a pre-built fighter facility

o. Corvette Production Sub-Station
i. A facility that builds a wider range of Corvettes than are available from the Mothership, and at a faster rate
1. Requires the Fighter Production Sub-Station

ii. Comes complete with a pre-built corvette facility

p. Frigate Production Sub-Station
i. A facility that builds a wider range of Heavy Corvettes and Frigates than are available from the Mothership, and at a faster rate
1. Requires the Corvette Production Sub-Station

ii. Comes complete with a pre-built corvette facility

Last edited by Jelrak on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jelrak

Captain
Captain

canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject:  
Description:

11) Resources
a. In addition to traditional R.U.s, there are also 13 other mineable resources necessary for the function of the player’s empire
b. Hydraxium is the chief propellant used by all ships
i. It is manufactured by gathering, condensing, and then refining Hydraxium Gas
1. Hydraxium Gas mining ships gather the gas from frozen deposits on asteroids and in dust clouds

2. The gas is transferred to a Gas Condensing Station

3. The condensed gas is delivered to the Refinery Station to remove impurities and further stabilize the Hydraxium into its solid state

4. Hydraxium is then shipped to both the Heavy Fusion Station to act as a base material in the fusing process along with other elements, as well as to the Hydraxium Storage Facility from which it is distributed to the ships in the fleet

5. Hydraxium is very versatile and can be fired at differing degrees in order to provide the fuel requirements for a variety of different engines

ii. A quantity of Hydraxium is deducted from the player’s stores after each turn corresponding to the number of Sub-Capital and larger vessels deployed by the player
1. Heavy Frigates consume 1 unit/turn

2. Destroyers consume 3 units/turn

3. Light Cruisers consume 5 units/turn

4. Cruisers consume 7 units/turn

5. Heavy Cruisers consume 12 units/turn

6. Heavy Platforms consume 0 units/turn

7. Carriers predominantly use Codrah and so only consume 5 units/turn

8. Battleships consume 15 units/turn

9. Flagships are capable of self-generation and so consume 0 units/turn

10. Warships consume 20 units/turn

11. Dreadnaughts consume 25 units/turn

12. Heavy Dreadnaughts consume 30 units/turn

13. Battle Dreadnaughts consume 40 units/turn

14. War Dreadnaughts consume 50 units/turn

15. Super Dreadnaughts consume 75 units/turn

16. Emplacements, Stations, Battlestations all consume 0 units/turn

iii. Failure to provide sufficient Hydraxium means a corresponding increase in power costs as generators strain to provide an alternative ion-stream for forward thrust

c. Gillium is the primary alloy used in the construction of most ships. It can also be enhanced with Tritanium coating to make Light Armour

i. It is manufactured by gathering, extracting, smelting, and fusing Gillium ore in order to prepare it for its manufacturing ready state
1. Gillium Ore harvesting utilities gather this versatile and relatively plentiful ore from asteroids and gas clouds

2. The Ore Processing Station separates the mined ore into concentrations sufficient for shipping to the smelter

3. The Smelting Station processes the raw ore into ingots ready for fusing with other materials

4. The Heavy Fusion Station processes the ingots into alloys enhanced by a mixture of Hydraxium and other trace elements

d. Admantium is the primary alloy utilized in the manufacture of Medium Armour
i. It is manufactured in a method similar to that of Gillium

e. Blintium is the primary alloy utilized in the manufacture of Heavy Armour

f. Neutronium is the primary alloy utilized in the manufacture of Superior Armour

g. Trillium is the primary alloy utilized in the manufacture of Ultra Armour

h. Vibronium is the primary alloy utilized in the manufacture of Mega Armour

i. Torrium is the primary alloy utilized in the manufacture of Major Armour

j. Glazzium is the primary alloy utilized in the manufacture of Massive Armour

k. Codrah is the primary material utilized in the manufacture of Hyperspace Cores
i. It is highly unstable and requires repeated processing through the Heavy Fusion Reactor to arrive at a stable state

ii. It is among the rarest of all resources

l. Thorium is utilized as the primary energy source for all ships and stations in the player’s empire

m. Basium is the primary material necessary for the manufacture of enhanced shields
i. It is readily combinable and has been found to have different properties depending on the material it is mixed with in the Heavy Fusion Reactor
1. When it is combined with Gillium it is capable of making Fusion Shields, a defensive material able to nearly completely block all Fusion Energy Weapons

2. When it is combined with Admantium it is capable of making Antimatter Shields, a defensive material able to nearly completely block all Antimatter Based Energy Weapons

3. When it is combined with both Gillium and Admantium it is capable of making Disruptor Shields, a defensive material able to nearly completely block all Disruptor Type Energy Weapons

4. When it is combined with Blintium it is capable of making Plasma Shields, a defensive material able to nearly completely block all Plasma Style Energy Weapons

5. When it is combined with Neutronium it is capable of making Neutron Shields, a defensive material able to nearly completely block all Neutron Energy Weapons

6. When it is combined with Trillium it is capable of making Phase Shields, a defensive material able to nearly completely block all Phase Energy Weapons

7. When it is combined with both Neutronium and Trillium it is capable of making Pulsar Shields, a defensive material able to nearly completely block all Pulsar Energy Weapons

8. When it is combined with Vibronium it is capable of making Radiation Shields, a defensive material able to nearly completely block all Radiation Energy Weapons

9. When it is combined with Torrium it is capable of making Particle Shields, a defensive material able to nearly completely block all Particle Energy Weapons

10. When it is combined with both Vibronium and Torrium it is capable of making Photon Shields, a defensive material able to nearly completely block all Photon Energy Weapons

11. When it is combined with Glazzium it is capable of making Ion Shields, a defensive material able to nearly completely block all Ion Energy Weapons

n. Fusorium is the primary material utilized in providing the damaging effects of most beam weapons
i. It requires multiple passes through the Heavy Fusion Reactor to arrive at a stable state for each level of weapon
1. The first iteration yields its namesake, a material useable for Fusion Weapons

2. The second iteration yields Antimatter, useable in Antimatter weapon systems

3. The third iteration yields the highly fluid Disruptor energy for Disruptor style weapons

4. The fourth iteration yields pure Plasma, useable in Plasma energy weapons

5. The fifth iteration yields sufficient Neutrons to be useable in Neutron-based weapons

6. The sixth iteration yields a type of Multi-Phased particle that can be harvested in sufficient quantity for Phase Weapons

7. The seventh iteration places the material in a field state that fuels the energy behind Pulsar Weapons

8. The eighth iteration leaves the material in a highly radioactive state, yielding the isotopes necessary for Radioactive Rays

9. The ninth iteration yields particles capable of being assembled in different chains for the various Particle weapons systems

10. The tenth iteration yields a type of crystal from which high energy photons can be harvested through a Photon Blast style lasers

11. The eleventh iteration yields pure, Ionized gas, useable in powerful Ion Cannons

o. Excess resources accumulated by the player can be sold through a variety of commercial avenues or else traded directly with Trade Groups for pre-manufactured ships
Jelrak

Captain
Captain

canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:53 am    Post subject:  
Description:

12) Focuses: there are 13 mutually exclusive focuses that a player can choose to pursue. The concept behind focuses is to provide not only varied game play, but also potential counters to known strategies—eg. if one’s opponent is a dogged expansionist then it might be best to counter with a strong defensive focus—thus when considering focuses it may not always be best to be the first to reach certain milestones as this potentially affords one’s opponents the means of choosing an alternative capable of thwarting the advertised aims
a. Advanced Armour
i. Provides facilities that can create units with up to 8 different armour types
1. Light: requires Gillium with Tritanium Coating research
a. 25% increase to base health
b. 6% decrease to ship base speed
c. 25% increase to ship base cost
d. 15% increase to base production time

2. Medium: requires Admantium resource
a. 50% increase to base health
b. 12% decrease to ship base speed
c. 50% increase to ship base cost
d. 30% increase to base production time

3. Heavy: requires Blintium resource
a. 100% increase to base health
b. 19% decrease to ship base speed
c. 75% increase to ship base cost
d. 45% increase to base production time

4. Super: requires Neutronium resource
a. 300% increase to base health
b. 25% decrease to ship base speed
c. 100% increase to ship base cost
d. 60% increase to base production time

5. Ultra: requires Trillium resource
a. 450% increase to base health
b. 31% decrease to ship base speed
c. 125% increase to ship base cost
d. 75% increase to base production time

6. Mega: requires Vibronium resource
a. 600% increase to base health
b. 37% decrease to ship base speed
c. 150% increase to ship base cost
d. 90% increase to base production time

7. Major: requires Torrium resource
a. 750% increase to base health
b. 44% decrease to ship base speed
c. 175% increase to ship base cost
d. 105% increase to base production time

8. Massive: requires Glazzium resource
a. 900% increase to base health
b. 50% decrease to ship base speed
c. 200% increase to ship base cost
d. 120% increase to base production time

9. The smallest ship class affected by this focus is: Fighter

10. The largest ship class affected by this focus is: Flagship

ii. Players who prefer a combination of offensive and defensive tactics might wish to select this focus
1. Early Game Tactics:

a. Provides weak defensive capabilities

b. Provides above average offensive capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. The Defensive Focus Facility reduces enemy damage by 15% within 20,000
ii. Heavier ships with staying power can outlast most others in open engagement

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Higher than average costs can delay the fleet’s overall size
ii. Slower speed can make the fleet at risk of being outflanked
iii. Resource operations must be more intensive to retrieve sufficient quantities of rarer alloys for stronger armour

e. Strategy:
i. It is important to guard against ship losses by strong use of repair drones
ii. Proper use of the Fleet Command navigation buoys can make a pronounced difference
iii. Careful deployment of hyperspace gates is critical
iv. Do not allow fleets to stray far from support and transport
v. Consider using main fleet ships as the vanguard of most interactions with the heavier plated ships occupying rear-guard positions

2. Mid Game Tactics:
a. Provides strong defensive capabilities

b. Provides average offensive capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. resource collectors with heavy armour are capable of resisting attack in order to continue sustained operations
ii. The Armour Emplacement is an incredible barrier to most attacks

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Generally slower ships might comprise a majority of the fleet relative to that of other adversaries

e. Strategy:
i. It can be assumed at this point that the enhanced resourcing operations have generated sufficient income to offset the higher costs of ships
ii. Several moderately sized fleets controlled by the player should be able to harass nearby rivals without deep incursions with relative impunity; rivals might have at this point given up attempting a strong offensive thrust against the player

3. Late Game Tactics:
a. Provides nearly impenetrable defensive capabilities

b. Provides weak offensive capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. The Heavy Armoured Battlestation can tip the scales in terms of ultimately defending the player’s home station cluster, thereby freeing the main fleet to go on a longer-range offensive
1. A Strong Fortress Capable Of Reducing Enemy Damage By 50% Within 100,000

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Beware of relying too much on the heaviest possible armour as it might greatly impede late fleet mobility

e. Strategy:
i. Consider reserving the heaviest armour for ships that will truly benefit from the additional health without suffering unduly from the corresponding loss of mobility, such as Carriers, Flagships, and Bombers

ii. Place the most armoured ships at the forefront of invasions so they may absorb much of the damage while more maneuverable fleets might then move to flank the engaged enemy

iii. Comparable Focuses: Advanced Shields, Advanced Defenses, Advanced Repair

iv. Wildcard Focuses: Advanced Efficiency, Advanced Finances, Advanced Stealth

v. Might be best countered by Advanced Infiltration, Advanced Engines, Advanced Weapons Focuses

vi. Potentially the best counter for Advanced Missiles, Advanced Damage, Advanced Targeting Focuses

Last edited by Jelrak on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Jelrak

Captain
Captain

canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject:  
Description:

b. Advanced Damage
i. Provides facilities that can create units with a 25% bonus to all damage dealt as well as ships that do increased focused damage to a given ship class
1. The smallest ship class affected by this focus is: Scout

2. The largest ship class affected by this focus is: Flagship

ii. Players who prefer a strong offensive showing with minimal complexity might prefer this focus
1. Early Game Tactics:

b. Provides strong offensive capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. The Advanced Damage Focus Facility provides an additional 15% damage to ships within 20,000
ii. Weaponized resource collectors can defend themselves from light attacks

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Slightly above-average ship costs may delay the building-up of fleets

e. Strategy:
i. Small ships sent in waves against neighbouring resourcing operations can have a strong impact against nearby rivals, as long as a strong effort is made to keep them well away from station defenses until large ships join the player’s fleet
ii. Keep an eye on rival hyperspace gates and ensure to harry them accordingly

2. Mid Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. It should be possible to maintain a few strong fleets that rivals may by this time be weary of engaging

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Ships remain comparably expensive

e. Strategy:
i. If the suppression of neighbouring resource operations has been consistently successful it is now time to impact some perimeter stations with a larger fleet
ii. Also ensure no rival hyperspace gates are able to remain in place for long

3. Late Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. The Disruptor Heavy Platform should finally provide the defensive clout necessary to allow full focus to shift to the offensive

1. Comes with four very potent disruptor cannons that can fire every 8 seconds, due to the nature of its energy fields, it increases the damage of allied ships by 25% within 100,000

d. Main disadvantages:
i. A potentially weak defensive perimeter

e. Strategy:
i. It should now be possible to deploy strong attack fleets to finish off the player’s by-now-crippled neighbours

iii. Comparable Focuses: Advanced Weapons, Advanced Missiles, Advanced Targeting

iv. Wildcard Focuses: Advanced Stealth, Advanced Efficiency, Advanced Finances

v. Might be best countered by Advanced Armour, Advanced Shields, Advanced Defenses Focuses

vi. Potentially the best counter for Advanced Repair, Advanced Infiltration, Advanced Engines Focuses
Jelrak

Captain
Captain

canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject:  
Description:

c. Advanced Defenses
i. Provides facilities that can create units with defensive shield capabilities as well as Enhanced Defensive Platforms, Large Platforms, Emplacements, and Battlestations
1. The defensive shield option is capable of blocking most kinetic weapons

2. The smallest ship class affected by this focus is: Fighter

3. The largest ship class affected by this focus is: Flagship

ii. Players who prefer strong defensive play with minimal incursion into rival space might prefer this option
1. Early Game Tactics:
a. Provides extremely strong defensive capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. The Advanced Defensive Focus provides a boost to the maximum shield strength of nearby ships while also projecting a steady Defense Field that is proof against most kinetic weapons over a range of 20,000
ii. Resource collectors with built-in defensive fields and nebula and ionized dust-cloud protection
iii. Many platforms are available for the player’s early selection

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Immunity to kinetic weapons does not extend to energy weapons or missiles so caution must be taken

e. Strategy:
i. It might be considered best to utilize the strengths provided by the many platforms to perform strong defensive perimeters
ii. Deploy and protect resource operations with near impenetrable redoubts

2. Mid Game Tactics:
a. Provides very strong defensive capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. The Command Fortress Battlestation that has very impressive defensive capabilities

d. Main disadvantages:
i. The player remains vulnerable to energy weapons

e. Strategy:
i. Heavy Platforms can be very potent to reduce the strength of rival fleets. Utilize these liberally to soften offensive positions while gathering together a strong fleet under their protective cover

3. Late Game Tactics:
a. Provides impenetrable defensive capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. The Heavy Battlestation is the size of a small moon
1. It provides a long impact beam capable of eliminating most ships with a single blast that can fire every 5 minutes
2. It can dock most ships, including the mothership inside its safe harbour

d. Main disadvantages:
i. If the player has expended the almost 24 million R.U.s necessary to construct the Heavy Battlestation it is unlikely much of an offensive fleet might equally exist

e. Strategy:
i. The combined might of several fleets will be necessary to destroy the Heavy Battlestation, which they will find imperative to commit towards least they continue to fall victim to its far-reaching rays. Whatever might remain of the player’s opponents after such a difficult battle is fought should be relatively easy to eliminate with the proper reserve force

iii. Comparable Focuses: Advanced Armour, Advanced Repair, Advanced Shields

iv. Wildcard Focuses: Advanced Finances, Advanced Stealth, Advanced Infiltration, Advanced Engines

v. Might be best countered by Advanced Missiles, Advanced Weapons Focuses

vi. Potentially the best counter for Advanced Efficiency, Advanced Targeting, Advanced Damage Focuses
Jelrak

Captain
Captain

canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:37 am    Post subject:  
Description:

d. Advanced Efficiency
i. Provides facilities that can create units much more swiftly than regular shipyards as well as the ability for fleet batch production commands

ii. Provides access to Trade Groups
1. The smallest ship class affected by this focus is: Drone

iii. Players who enjoy mass production and who may wish to rapidly deploy offensive fleets may prefer this focus
1. Early Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. The Advanced Efficiency Focus Facility doubles the power output of all other combined power generators
ii. Mass production of low-costing fighters and bombers should allow the player to dominate the early game

d. Main disadvantages:
i. These rapidly produced ships are typically of lower quality than that of most rivals and so will typically lose against even numbers of opponents
ii. The large building capacity of the player is often restricted by a lack of available crew

e. Strategy:
i. Numbers are where this player will hold the advantage for the early game. Using this superiority to produce multiple fleets capable of harrying all neighbouring resourcing operations will ensure rival empires will not easily outpace the player’s overall strength

2. Mid Game Tactics:
a. Provides low defensive capabilities

b. Provides moderate offensive capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. The player is able to utilize Advanced Robotics in order to rapidly grow a mechanized fleet
ii. High efficiency mining operations are able to strip asteroids of resources in a fraction of the normal time

d. Main disadvantages:
i. The strength of the player's ships is in the aggregate: the player’s fleet should not allow itself to be too greatly divided or it will fall prey to stronger vessels

e. Strategy:
i. Sentinels should be utilized as much as possible to circumvent the need for crew

3. Late Game Tactics:

b. Provides very strong offensive capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. Batch and Fleet production stations have now become capable of supplying entire fleets in a very short order

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Crew may still be a limiting factor to reign in this unrelenting output
ii. The individual ships might still be poor individual matches against rivals, particularly if earlier harrying operations were unsuccessful in slowing the progress of rival research

e. Strategy:
i. Maximize fleets and decimate opponents by sheer force of numbers, counting each enemy capital ship destroyed as well worth the sacrifice of three of the player’s own

iv. Comparable Focuses: Advanced Finances, Advanced Infiltration

v. Wildcard Focuses: None

vi. Might be best countered by Advanced Armour, Advanced Targeting, Advanced Damage, Advanced Missiles, Advanced Weapons Focuses

vii. Potentially the best counter for Advanced Stealth, Advanced Defenses, Advanced Shields, Advanced Repair Focuses

Last edited by Jelrak on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Jelrak

Captain
Captain

canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject:  
Description:

e. Advanced Engines
i. Provides facilities that can create units with up to 12 different engine upgrades:
1. Nuclear
a. Increases base speed by 15%
b. Increases base cost by 25%
c. Increases base build time by 10%

2. Fusion
a. Increases base speed by 30%
b. Increases base cost by 50%
c. Increases base build time by 20%

3. Ion
a. Increases base speed by 45%
b. Increases base cost by 75%
c. Increases base build time by 30%

4. Antimatter
a. Increases base speed by 60%
b. Increases base cost by 100%
c. Increases base build time by 40%

5. Sublight
a. Increases base speed by 75%
b. Increases base cost by 125%
c. Increases base build time by 50%

6. Warp
a. Increases base speed by 90%
b. Increases base cost by 150%
c. Increases base build time by 60%

7. Impulse
a. Increases base speed by 105%
b. Increases base cost by 175%
c. Increases base build time by 70%

8. Interphase
a. Increases base speed by 120%
b. Increases base cost by 200%
c. Increases base build time by 80%

9. Hyper
a. Increases base speed by 135%
b. Increases base cost by 225%
c. Increases base build time by 90%

10. Kerning
a. Increases base speed by 150%
b. Increases base cost by 250%
c. Increases base build time by 100%

11. Black
a. Increases base speed by 165%
b. Increases base cost by 275%
c. Increases base build time by 110%

12. Omega
a. Increases base speed by 180%
b. Increases base cost by 300%
c. Increases base build time by 120%

13. The smallest ship class affected by this focus is: Fighter

14. The largest ship class affected by this focus is: Battle Dreadnaught

ii. Players who enjoy fast-paced maneuverings around their rivals and who prefer to lead swift charges and use flanking tactics may prefer this focus
1. Early Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. The Advanced Engines Focus Facility provides a 15% boost in speed to all Allied ships within 20,000
ii. High speed resource controllers
iii. Faster than average fighters should be capable of outmaneuvering their rivals in combat

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Fleets will consume a larger amount of Hydraxium per turn
ii. Fleet remains vulnerable to gravity wells as a means of evening the odds in battle

e. Strategy:
i. Fleets should be capable of faster and earlier strikes against neighbouring resource operations than can be retaliated by rivals. Full advantage should be taken of this early game opportunity to upset the fortunes of all neighbouring empires

2. Mid Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. The differences in relative speeds between fleets should now be very apparent in most engagements

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Without strong defensive measures the player’s empire is open to attack if it leaves off pressuring its rivals too often

e. Strategy:
i. Utilize the widening gap in sped to raid rival operations and fleets at every opportunity. Resist the temptation to confront enemy fleets head on, it should be frequently possible to flank and attack from the rear where ships are most vulnerable

3. Late Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. The concentric effect of the Advanced Engines Wormhole Station is fantastic to behold:
1. Within a range of 1,000,000 it slows Enemy ships by 25% while boosting Allies by the same amount
2. Within a range of 100,000 Enemies are slowed by 50% while Allies are boosted by the same amount
3. Within a range of 10,000 Enemies are slowed by 75% while Allies are boosted by the same amount
ii. Fleets at this point should be almost untouchable as their engines outperform vessels several class levels beneath them.

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Beware well placed gravity well generators as they might easily rob the player of his principle advantage at the precise moment that other fleets have built up impressive weapons or defensive systems

e. Strategy:
i. The advantage of having Destroyers capable of attaining speeds greater than that of rival Frigates cannot be understated. Keeping the fleet in motion is the top priority, strike swiftly and often to wear down the enemy’s defenses. High-speed bombers can cause potential havoc among rival capital ships

iii. Comparable Focuses: Advanced Stealth

iv. Wildcard Focuses: Advanced Finances, Advanced Repair, Advanced Shields

v. Might be best countered by Advanced Targeting, Advanced Damage, Advanced Weapons, Advanced Defenses Focuses

vi. Potentially the best counter for Advanced Infiltration, Advanced Missiles, Advanced Efficiency, Advanced Armour Focuses
Jelrak

Captain
Captain

canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject:  
Description:

f. Advanced Finances
i. Provides access to a variety of wealth enhancing ships and facilities and is required for use of the advanced economy
1. Provides access to the Galactic Bank
a. R.U.s may be invested for various durations and correspondingly increasing rates of return

2. Provides access to the Commodities Market
a. Resources may be purchased and sold according to the prevailing market rate

3. Provides access to the Galactic Stock Exchange
a. Shares may be purchased in rival empires that will pay out dividends according to their net capital

4. Provides access to the Advanced Commercial Stations that provide the player successive layers of profitability as products are moved through the marketplace

5. Provides access to any of 6 Trade Groups
a. Trade Groups allow raw resources to be traded for finished ship production

6. The smallest ship class affected by this focus is: Drone

7. The largest ship class affected by this focus is: Flagship

ii. Players who might be impatient for financial growth or who might truly enjoy empire building should enjoy this focus as it will provide a tangent along which such a player should be able to observe the growth of entire lanes of commercial traffic set about its tasks of delivering product to various stations
1. Early Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. The player has a greater opportunity to seed his future resource growth than any of his rivals

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Most expenses will be related to building up a commercial hub so the player will be vulnerable to all rival fleets

e. Strategy:
i. Focus on the certainty that the Mothership is largely impervious to attack in the early game in order to place it as the principle protector to the player’s nascent resourcing operations. Deploy probes liberally as cost-effective defences against incursions by rivals, by all means build the Mothership’s rapid sweepers as soon as possible, and then concentrate on building up the resourcing fleet above all else.

2. Mid Game Tactics:
a. Provides moderate defensive capabilities

b. Provides very weak offensive capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. The player’s economy should be well on its way to being far more robust than that of any of its rivals
ii. The player should have his first beginnings of access to some of the available Trade Groups
iii. The player should have sufficient R.U.s to provide a reasonable number of units for defensive purposes

d. Main disadvantages:
i. The player will require most of his fleet to be localized in order to defend his increasingly complex commercial empire from harm. It is unlikely he will have the capacity to pressure any of his rivals in a meaningful way

e. Strategy:
i. Continue to focus on growing the economy by taking advantage of some of the stronger upper-level opportunities for wealth generation. Raw purchasing power is to be the player’s main path to victory so ensure the groundwork is firmly in place

3. Late Game Tactics:
a. Provides extensive defensive capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. The Mega Population Station will double all income the player receives, catapulting him into an enviable position of being fully flush at all times
ii. Trade Groups, once fully exploited, should be providing the player with a large, and swiftly growing, percentage of his fleet
iii. Trade Group ships are operated primarily by drone, android, or straight computer and so will not take up crew

d. Main disadvantages:
i. The player is still potentially vulnerable to far more areas of attack than his rivals as some swift raids could interrupt vital trading channels

e. Strategy:
i. Utilize the Trade Group ships as cannon fodder and drive back any encroaching rivals. It is time to pull out all stops and pour all R.U.s into production. The player might consider building multiple shipyards in order to fully leverage his resource advantage by running maximum production queues

iii. Comparable Focuses: Advanced Efficiency

iv. Wildcard Focuses: Advanced Shields, Advanced Engines

v. Might be best countered by Advanced Missiles, Advanced Infiltration, Advanced Stealth, Advanced Weapons, Advanced Targeting, Advanced Damage Focuses

vi. Potentially the best counter for Advanced Defenses, Advanced Armour, Advanced Repair Focuses
Jelrak

Captain
Captain

canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject:  
Description:

g. Advanced Infiltration
i. Provides access to improved capturing abilities as well as the usurping of mercenary fleets
1. When mercenaries are successfully overthrown the player inherits the given fleet without upfront cost

2. The smallest ship class affected by this focus is: Drone

3. The largest ship class affected by this focus is: Flagship

ii. Players who truly wish to play the pirate or those whose passion has always been to capture every ship might appreciate this focus
1. Early Game Tactics:
a. Provides very low defensive capabilities

b. Provides very low offensive capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. The Advanced Infiltration Focus Facility provides a 25% boost to the capture speed of ships while simultaneously reducing the enemy’s capture rate by the same amount within a range of 20,000
ii. Any fleets with ships larger than Corvettes should be wary

d. Main disadvantages:
i. The player does not yet feel very much like a true pirate as most assaults involve non-capturable Fighters and Corvettes

e. Strategy:
i. The player should invest in his fleet of Capturers by keeping them heavily guarded and safely hidden among distortion probes. Keep a steady eye out for rival carriers.
ii. Focus resources on unlocking Mercenary Fleets

2. Mid Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. A few captured Mercenary Fleets should have by now radically changed the playing field for the player as these ready-made fleets may be orders of magnitude more advanced than any of those possessed by rivals
ii. The player should by now have accessed all of his different Advanced Infiltration units (high-speed, heavy-plated, shielded, stealth)
iii. The player should be acquiring a motley fleet of captured vessels to supplement his own ships

d. Main disadvantages:
i. A low honour rating caused by usurping mercenary groups might not have allowed the player to attain the same rank of rivals

e. Strategy:
i. This is when fleets of capturers should be deployed to the battlefield. It is recommended that a mix of types by employed in order to best weather the likely barrage of retaliatory fire. Use mercenary fleets to draw what fire they are able away from the Capturers and to try to sweep the area clean of non-capturable Fighters, Bombers, and Corvettes as well as Frigates, which by now should be largely ignored as providing too low a value relative to the risk involved in their capture

3. Late Game Tactics:
a. Provides moderate defensive capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. The construction of the Elite Marine Training Facility should help turn the tide with its 300% delay in Enemy infiltration and 75% boost to Ally capture rates within its operating range of 100,000
ii. The Infiltration Destroyer should be a strong asset for the player

d. Main disadvantages:
i. The player will likely lose a fair number of capture attempts especially as the late game progresses and the ships being targeted are more powerful

e. Strategy:
i. Probes that rob Enemies of maneuverability, visibility, and resistance are all very important to the player in order to exercise the best possible chances of success. Keep costs low by stealing as many rival capital ships as possible, even if the cost is multiple Marine Frigates the player will still steadily gain the advantage so long as the player resists the urge to trade Frigates for Frigates.

iii. Comparable Focuses: Advanced Stealth

iv. Wildcard Focuses: Advanced Finances, Advanced Efficiency

v. Might be best countered by Advanced Defenses, Advanced Engines, Advanced Damage, Advanced Weapons, Advanced Targeting, Advanced Missiles Focuses

vi. Potentially the best counter for Advanced Armour, Advanced Repair, Advanced Shields Focuses
Jelrak

Captain
Captain

canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:  
Description:

h. Advanced Missiles
i. Provides facilities that can create units with much more powerful missiles than would otherwise be possible, including the ability to launch heavy nukes, planet killer large missiles, and Juggernauts
1. The smallest ship class affected by this focus is: Fighter
2. The largest ship lass affected by this focus is: Flagship

ii. Players who enjoy spectacular feats of mass destruction might wish to play this focus
1. Early Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. The Advanced Missile Focus Facility is able to launch a variety of powerful missiles
ii. Unlike Kinetic or Beam weapons, Missiles are able to pierce all types of shields to varying degrees
iii. Missiles provide high impact damage as well as area-effecting burst damage
iv. Missile launching resource collectors are self-defending

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Missiles are a targetable munition and so can be partially countered by strong point-defense systems

e. Strategy:
i. Pay attention to missile ranges in order to make the best use of long-range barrages. Keep rivals away from your expensive fleet and wary of approaching closer

2. Mid Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. The launching of heavy nuclear bombs and the deployment of Juggernauts should by now have rivals in constant fear of the player’s approaching armada

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Missiles generally travel at a slower speed than Kinetic or Beam weapons
ii. The player’s own Juggernauts can be detonated by far-range weapons if they are not carefully deployed

e. Strategy:
i. Lay waste to rival factions by constant and consistent use of the heaviest weapons available. Destroy rival fleets with strong use of carriers capable of deploying Juggernauts and heavy nukes from behind whenever possible

3. Late Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. The Large Torpedo Sphere is an indomitable offensive weapon while the Missile Emplacement will give a solid defense

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Beware gravity wells as they may be capable of slowing projectiles and thereby reducing many of the player’s long-range offensive capabilities

e. Strategy:
i. The player should by now be able to outstrip most rivals with his powerful destructive capabilities, the key at this point is mainly to keep up the pressure without too many mistakes

iii. Comparable Focuses: Advanced Weapons

iv. Wildcard Focuses: Advanced Defenses

v. Might be best countered by Advanced Engines, Advanced Armour, Advanced Targeting, Advanced Stealth Focuses, Advanced Damage

vi. Potentially the best counter for Advanced Repair, Advanced Shields, Advanced Efficiency, Advanced Finances Focuses, Advanced Infiltration
Jelrak

Captain
Captain

canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:  
Description:

i. Advanced Repair
i. Provides facilities that can create the only units with self-regeneration capabilities
1. The smallest ship affected by this focus is: Fighter

2. The largest ship affected by this focus is: Flagship

ii. Players who enjoy playing offensively with larger capital ships might prefer this focus
1. Early Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. The Advanced Repair Focus Facility increases the health of Allied ships by 50% and triples regeneration rates within a range of 20,000
ii. Ships capable of self-repair have less need to remain close to repair bays and so can be relatively far-ranging and autonomous. This might allow the player to push on multiple fronts at once

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Ships are generally vulnerable to high impact burst damage

e. Strategy:
i. Small wolf-packs unleashed on nearby rivals can be very effective in the early game

2. Mid Game Tactics:
a. Provides average defensive capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. With ever larger ships joining the fleets, the true advantages of self-repair can but fully felt

d. Main disadvantages:
i. The potential to spread fleets too far and wide might leave the player’s sub-stations vulnerable to attack

e. Strategy:
i. Dominate resource areas, but do not stray too far from hyperspace gates connecting fleets back to their home base

3. Late Game Tactics:

b. Provides strong capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. The Lazarus Station doubles the health of Allied ships within a range of 500,000 and increases their rate of self-repair five-fold within a range of 1,000,000
ii. Relatively small fleets should be able to hold off much larger rivals

d. Main disadvantages:
i. The player may gain the temptation to have his ships outstay their welcome, relying on their self-repair to overcome all obstacles rather than routinely retreating to safety as might be typical of his rivals. This can lead to unexpected losses at critical points

e. Strategy:
i. Deploying repair drones to assist along with the repair of ships will give them even greater staying power

iii. Comparable Focuses: Advanced Armour, Advanced Shields

iv. Wildcard Focuses: Advanced Engines, Advanced Stealth, Advanced Finances

v. Might be best countered by Advanced Missiles, Advanced Damage, Advanced Weapons, Advanced Infiltration Focuses

vi. Potentially the best counter for Advanced Defenses, Advanced Targeting, Advanced Efficiency Focuses
Jelrak

Captain
Captain

canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:  
Description:

j. Advanced Shields
i. Provides facilities that can create units with up to 11 different shield types, each of which is capable of almost completely blocking all damage from beam weapons of that level or lower.

ii. The higher level shields typically consume more power and space and so generally lower ship speed and weaponry as a result
1. Fusion
a. Blocks all Fusion Energy Weapons
b. The base cost is increased by 100%
c. The base construction time is increased by 20%
d. The base ship speed is reduced by 10%

2. Antimatter
a. Blocks all Antimatter Energy Weapons and below
b. The base cost is increased by 150%
c. The base construction time is increased by 30%
d. The base ship speed is reduced by 15%

3. Disruptor
a. Blocks all Disruptor Energy Weapons and below
b. The base cost is increased by 200%
c. The base construction time is increased by 40%
d. The base ship speed is reduced by 20%

4. Plasma
a. Blocks all Plasma Energy Weapons and below
b. The base cost is increased by 250%
c. The base construction time is increased by 50%
d. The base ship speed is reduced by 25%

5. Neutron
a. Blocks all Neutron Energy Weapons and below
b. The base cost is increased by 300%
c. The base construction time is increased by 60%
d. The base ship speed is reduced by 30%

6. Phase
a. Blocks all Phase Energy Weapons and below
b. The base cost is increased by 350%
c. The base construction time is increased by 70%
d. The base ship speed is reduced by 35%

7. Pulsar
a. Blocks all Pulsar Energy Weapons and below
b. The base cost is increased by 400%
c. The base construction time is increased by 80%
d. The base ship speed is reduced by 40%

8. Radiation
a. Blocks all Radiation Energy Weapons and below
b. The base cost is increased by 450%
c. The base construction time is increased by 90%
d. The base ship speed is reduced by 45%

9. Particle
a. Blocks all Particle Energy Weapons and below
b. The base cost is increased by 500%
c. The base construction time is increased by 100%
d. The base ship speed is reduced by 50%

10. Photon
a. Blocks all Photon Energy Weapons and below
b. The base cost is increased by 550%
c. The base construction time is increased by 110%
d. The base ship speed is reduced by 55%

11. Ion
a. Blocks all Ion Energy Weapons and below
b. The base cost is increased by 600%
c. The base construction time is increased by 120%
d. The base ship speed is reduced by 60%

12. The smallest ship class affected by this focus: Fighter

13. The largest ship class affected by this focus: Flagship

iii. Players who tend to enjoy a mix of offensive and defensive tactics while also enjoying a more complex array of options might prefer this focus
1. Early Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages
i. Immunity to low-level energy weapons is a valuable asset

d. Main disadvantages:
i. No protection from alternate kinetic, missiles, mines, bombs, or alternate energy weapons

e. Strategy:
i. Identify the weapons utilized by rivals early on in order to best determine which level of shield might be best suited for confrontations. Generally it might be best to use a mix of shield types in the early game in order to have some swifter moving vessels for flanking maneuvers

2. Mid Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. As more types become available the level of potential immunity increases dramatically

d. Main disadvantages:
i. If rival empires realize the type of shield being utilized against them it might be possible for them to largely convert to alternative weapons, eliminating the player’s advantage

e. Strategy:
i. It is recommended that the player press any discovered advantages in combat so as to be able to make enemy mistakes as costly as possible, but be careful not to over-extend

3. Late Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. The Heavy Sapper Platform leeches damage and shielding from rival ships within a range of 100,000 by 25% and 75% respectively
ii. Ships should by this point be largely immune to at least half of all weapons deployed in the battlefield

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Savvy opponents can still use the player’s habituated sense of overconfidence against him by unleashing surprise assaults consisting of largely Kinetic or Missile based weapons. The player is also still very vulnerable to Bombs

e. Strategy:
i. Given that most Kinetic weapons are low damage, the main concern is to stay out of range of heavy missile barrages and bombers. Push all advantages, but proceed with caution

iv. Comparable Focuses: Advanced Defenses, Advanced Armour

v. Wildcard Focuses: Advanced Stealth, Advanced Finances

vi. Might be best countered by Advanced Missiles, Advanced Infiltration, Advanced Engines, Advanced Repair, Advanced Efficiency Focuses

vii. Potentially the best counter for Advanced Weapons, Advanced Damage,
Jelrak

Captain
Captain

canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:  
Description:

k. Advanced Stealth
i. Provides facilities that can create units with enhanced stealth capabilities

iii. Players who might enjoy utilizing the element of surprise to play offensively might enjoy this focus
1. Early Game Tactics:

b. Provides moderate offensive capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. The Advanced Stealth Focus Facility allows the mapping of allied, mercenary, or enemy ships, can ping the map to see approaching enemies within 50,000, doubles cloaking detection within 20,000, and can cloak allied ships within 10,000
ii. Ships that cannot be seen by most opponents provide fairly versatile fleet positioning options
iii. Cloaked resourcing operations

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Without some planning cloaking devices can be on low power when needed most

e. Strategy:
i. The player should be encouraged to be bold and to strike near the heart of his opponent’s operations whenever the opportunity should arise. Monitor rival fleet movements and strike their hyperspace gates just as they are mid-jump for the best effect.
ii. Do not forget to keep resourcing operations and home stations hidden. A liberal use of distortion probes can truly enhance all abilities

2. Mid Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. Larger, ships that cannot be easily traced coupled with the ability of ready escape from battles should allow the player consistent success in choosing his target at will

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Beware to guard against the temptation of ranging too far and wide as in spite of being cloaked much of the time the player’s home base is still largely stationary and open to occasional invasion

e. Strategy:
i. It can be vital to deploy decoy fleets whose cloak fields are not in use to draw the enemy into making disastrous choices. Alternate cloak generation among capital ships in order to provide near continuous invisibility

3. Late Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. The Crucible Station can tip the scales of most battles by providing superior visibility, visual distortion, and cloaking abilities with its map-wide ping, 50% decrease to Enemy primary sensors, 25% reduction in rival cloaking strength, and 15% cloaking strength boost to Allies within 100,000
ii. With a reasonably strong cloaked fleet supported by sufficient enhancement probes, the player should be in a good position to dominate the field of battle

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Rivals should by now have firmly pin-pointed the player’s main station cluster so now a percentage of his fleet will be required to remain within range to defend against incursion

e. Strategy:
i. Stealth bombers relentlessly deployed against rival stations and capital ships coupled with simultaneous raids on resourcing operations should allow the player a ready path to victory

iv. Comparable Focuses: Advanced Infiltration

v. Wildcard Focuses: None

vi. Might be best countered by Advanced Defenses, Advanced Armour, Advanced Efficiency, Advanced Engines, Advanced Repair, Advanced Finances Focuses

vii. Potentially the best counter for Advanced Missiles, Advanced Weapons, Advanced Targeting, Advanced Damage, Advanced Shields Focuses

Last edited by Jelrak on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jelrak

Captain
Captain

canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:  
Description:

l. Advanced Targeting
i. Provides facilities that can create units with 200% increased accuracy as well as ships that are able to focus target a single ship class

ii. Players who might enjoy long-range tactics, the thrill of the hunt, and the satisfaction of having nearly every hit strike home might enjoy this focus
1. Early Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. The Advanced Targeting Focus Facility provides a 25% boost to the accuracy of Allied ships within 20,000
ii. The heightened accuracy of the player’s Fighters and Corvettes in the early game should allow easy domination of most battles utilizing a parity of units

d. Main disadvantages:
i. The player’s accuracy advantage can be thwarted by a variety of means so be on the lookout for suspicious probes, stealth, or ships

e. Strategy:
i. Fast, organized, overwhelming strikes should provide the player with a firm advantage in the early game

2. Mid Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. Overcoming the typically lower accuracy of larger weapons should provide the player with a firm advantage in most capital conflicts

d. Main disadvantages:
i. The player’s defenses fairly mediocre so any loss of forward momentum might swiftly see the player in serious straights

e. Strategy:
i. Keep pressing forward in order to prevent sizeable enemy build-up, but be sure to sufficiently guard vulnerable resourcing operations and stations

3. Late Game Tactics:

c. Key advantages:
i. The advent of the Large Targeting Platform increases the accuracy of allied ships by 300% within 500,000 and lowers the accuracy of enemies by 25% within 100,000
ii. If the player has a sizeable fleet and can take advantage of this strong accuracy boost there may be few adversaries capable of slowing his advance

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Distant rivals will possibly be out of range of the player’s primary boosting station, leaving the player to potentially confront their own enhanced defenses without this powerful advantage.

e. Strategy:
i. It is important that the player remain aware of the ranges covered by this boosting area and to adjust tactics accordingly. Within it the player should press the Enemy hard, using a variety of ranges to reduce rivals to ruins. Outside of it the player should favour long-range tactics in order to wear down defenses and potentially draw rival fleets into the area of effect of its powerful boost

iii. Comparable Focuses: Advanced Damage

iv. Wildcard Focuses: Advanced Infiltration, Advanced Finances, Advanced Missiles, Advanced Weapons

v. Might be best countered by Advanced Repair, Advanced Armour, Advanced Stealth Focuses

vi. Potentially the best counter for Advanced Shields, Advanced Engines, Advanced Efficiency, Advanced Defenses Focuses

Last edited by Jelrak on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jelrak

Captain
Captain

canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:  
Description:

m. Advanced Weapons
i. Provides facilities that can create units with truly powerful weapons typically outside of normal research paths

ii. Utilizes the Advanced Weapons gameplay mode
1. Kinetic Weapons
a. Damage: Very Low
b. Range: Low
c. Frequency: High
d. Velocity: High
e. Duration: Very Low

2. Fusion Weapons
a. Damage: High
b. Range: Average
c. Frequency: Very Low
d. Velocity: Low
e. Duration: High

3. Antimatter Weapons
c. Frequency: Average
e. Duration: Average

4. Disruptor Weapons
b. Range: High
c. Frequency: Very Low
d. Velocity: Very High
e. Duration: Low

5. Plasma Weapons
a. Damage: Very High
b. Range: Very Low
d. Velocity: Very Low
e. Duration: Very High

6. Neutron Weapons
a. Damage: Low
b. Range: Very High
d. Velocity: Average

7. Phase Weapons
a. Damage: Average
c. Frequency: Very High

8. Pulsar Weapons
d. Velocity: Low

9. Radiation Weapons
a. Damage: Low
d. Velocity: Average
e. Duration: High

10. Particle Weapons
c. Frequency: Low

11. Photon Weapons
a. Damage: Very Low

12. Ion Weapons
a. Damage: Very High
b. Range: Average
c. Frequency: Low

13. The smallest ship class affected by this focus is: Fighter

14. The largest ship class affected by this focus is: Flagship

iii. Players who enjoy complexity, micro-managing weapons systems to correspond with specific strike targets, large selections of specific-role vessels and an overall desire to function either offensively or defensively might enjoy this focus
1. Early Game Tactics:
a. Provides variable defensive capabilities

b. Provides variable offensive capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. A variety of options should allow the player to counter most enemies according to type
ii. Armed resource collectors should help to reduce the effectiveness of Enemy raids

d. Main disadvantages:
i. The large array of ships available from which to choose may cause some initial confusion and delay the forming of a properly balanced fleet

e. Strategy:
i. Consider the strengths and weaknesses of each ship choice carefully and attempt to construct several different, smaller fleets with defined roles

2. Mid Game Tactics:
a. Provides variable defensive capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. Versatility remains a strong point for the player

d. Main disadvantages:
i. Choosing the wrong fleet make-up can leave the player at a disadvantage as larger battles begin to take place

e. Strategy:
i. Again the strength of this player’s fleet is in its potential for focused diversity. Resisting the urge to specialize, but instead assembling a wide-ranging fleet capable of countering most threats, should provide a strong path to victory

3. Late Game Tactics:
b. Provides very strong capabilities

c. Key advantages:
i. The Heavy Weapons Emplacements available in late game should provide ample protection of the player’s primary structures

d. Main disadvantages:
i. The player’s advanced ships might prove to be fairly costly in relation to those of some of its neighbours, leaving a tendency to trail the competition in chassis size

e. Strategy:
i. With strong defenses in place it is time to bring the battle firmly to the Enemy

iv. Comparable Focuses: Advanced Missiles, Advanced Damage

v. Wildcard Focuses: Advanced Stealth, Advanced Engines, Advanced Repair, Advanced Targeting

vi. Might be best countered by Advanced Shields, Advanced Defenses, Advanced Armour Focuses

vii. Potentially the best counter for Advanced Efficiency, Advanced Finances, Advanced Infiltration Focuses
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeworld 2 Complex Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: