Homeworld 2 Complex Forum Index
 Portal •  Blog •  Album •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Calendar   •  Register  •  User Panel  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
  FlashChat  •  Statistics  •  Links  •   Downloads  •   Comments to your karma  •  Toplist  •  Guestbook  •  Recent topics  •  Voting forum
Complex 8 beta 0.8 bug list
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topicEmail to a Friend.Users who have viewed this topicSave this topic as a txt filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
ALC

Content Admin
Content Admin

Complex Team

Post Vote: User is appraised 5.00 out of 5

ireland
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Ycar wrote:
Yes... BUT, there's a proportional technology progression: if you have the global technology to build such a massive ship, with such powerfull weapon, and its massive power supply needs, you most probably have the technology to solve this particular problem of orbital release speed. Or you simply do not build such a ship, as a pure "Orbital Station" won't be hyperspace capable anyway. Wink
It's original function was as a deep space station to dominate a battle area. It hyper jumps into position as that is a very efficient way of placement.

I've only ever seen the AI use the CF in defence.

Walkop2011

Quality Control
Quality Control

Complex Patron

Post Vote: User is appraised 3.00 out of 5

canada
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Quote:

Yes... BUT, there's a proportional technology progression: if you have the global technology to build such a massive ship, with such powerfull weapon, and its massive power supply needs, you most probably have the technology to solve this particular problem of orbital release speed. Or you simply do not build such a ship, as a pure "Orbital Station" won't be hyperspace capable anyway.

Hmm...I have to agree. It maybe designed as a deep space station as ALC said, but it should still have engines capable of making small orbital corrections at the very least.

I even know how to simulate a grav. well in engine speeds - lowering the Command Fortress' engine power when near a planet. Give the planet a negative speed modifier to all ships within range. Simple. Just came to me now Wink

ALC

Content Admin
Content Admin

Complex Team

ireland
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Walkop2011 wrote:
it should still have engines capable of making small orbital corrections at the very least
Oh I agree there also. A SY is also a stationary object and it has engines for maneuvering — all the stations should have them.
aeonlu

Ensign
Ensign

Complex Patron

italy
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

I have noticed that the Battle Arc does not hyperspace. Is this just me?
Beghins

Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Complex Team

italy
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject:  
Description:

Quote:

odd, after launching crew cells from a crew station the crew cells would just dock right back into a crew the crew station. i couldn't recruit more crew... it stopped launching cells altogether when i moved it closer to orbital station.

Orbital Station doesn't need pilot/officer so the Crew Station doesn't use it for recruitement, so if there's no ships like MS, SY ecc... around your recruitement is stopped.

Quote:

Agreed. The fortress should have correction engines to be able to complete slight adjustments to its heading etc. on its own.

Have we to do this? ALC, if you're agree, can you add this to the "To Do" list?

Quote:

I even know how to simulate a grav. well in engine speeds - lowering the Command Fortress' engine power when near a planet. Give the planet a negative speed modifier to all ships within range. Simple. Just came to me now

Idem as above, a simulation of the atmosphere would be good.

Quote:

I have noticed that the Battle Arc does not hyperspace. Is this just me?

This ship will cover a very important role after the next 0.9 release, it now can dock Battlecruisers, Battleships, Vortex and so on, it can jump by hyperspace for sure and assault the enemy around planets

Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!

Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
discharge

Ensign
Ensign

usa
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:54 am    Post subject:  
Description:

Quote:

Orbital Station doesn't need pilot/officer so the Crew Station doesn't use it for recruitement, so if there's no ships like MS, SY ecc... around your recruitement is stopped.

huh didn't know. well that wasn't the problem anyways. i was moving the MS to a mining base with the crew station, research and power in tow. the crew station was near the MS but kept launching crew cells that would dock with the crew station as soon as they were launched. When there's an orbital station the crew cells dock there to get civilians for crew right? my guess is that since the crew station was moving away from the station and eventually got too far the crew cells would launch, then they wouldn't see the orbital station near and just dock right back with the Crew station ignoring the MS and other production ships.

Walkop2011

Quality Control
Quality Control

Complex Patron

canada
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject:  
Description:

Quote:

When there's an orbital station the crew cells dock there to get civilians for crew right?

I don't think so. The crew station sources its crew from..itself.

Was your recruited crew already at maximum? Try and give a few supporting details if you can so we can troubleshoot more effectively. Also, if you can, try to reproduce the bug.

ALC

Content Admin
Content Admin

Complex Team

ireland
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject:  
Description:

Beghins wrote:

Quote:

Agreed. The fortress should have correction engines to be able to complete slight adjustments to its heading etc. on its own.

Have we to do this? ALC, if you're agree, can you add this to the "To Do" list?

This is with reference to the Command fortress.
Ok, I'll add it to a to do list.

discharge

Ensign
Ensign

usa
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Quote:

When there's an orbital station the crew cells dock there to get civilians for crew right?

Then why do crew cells dock at the crew station? i just built new rank and the crew\officer barracks for it. my crew was at something akin to this 150\150\260 or something along those lines. point is i had more max crew available. the cells would just re dock to the station each time they were launched. ill see if i can reproduce it

ALC

Content Admin
Content Admin

Complex Team

ireland
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Yes, a screen shot would help to show your game parameters. As far as I know the cells shouldn't do that.
discharge

Ensign
Ensign

usa
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject:  
Description:

ALC wrote:
Yes, a screen shot would help to show your game parameters. As far as I know the cells shouldn't do that.

Alright i managed to reproduce it. i started a new game to see if it would happen again. the cells worked fine for a minute or so but then broke when i moved the station vertically. i attached a screenshot. you cant see the ms and other ships but their pretty close. I tested this on both normal and maximum crew recruitment speed settings.

EDIT- Testing info

ALC

Content Admin
Content Admin

Complex Team

ireland
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

How far vertically did you move the station?
I've had it below the x,y plane in the past, but not by much — cells worked fine.
Also, what happens when you build more crew and officer barracks? Does it fix the issue?

Mobbs

Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Greetings!
I discovered several bugs during enjoying the game last times.

1. map Tanis Wastelands, Hig; my marine frig (I used 2) were not be able to capture Tanis. They moved close but then turned away from it (instead of facing it) and got stuck. I experienced the same prob when I tried to capture a vgr carrier once.

2. sometimes on different maps i get blue and white flickering across the whole screen when a defence field is online, i zoomed all the way in and missiles get destroyed by the field. changing into sensor monitor fixed it after a little while.
(NVIDIA GeForce 310M)

3. often when i launch mining missiles they fly toward the ast. but then get stuck or fly randomly around it. sometimes they hit it eventually. (maybe its because they are declared as weapons/missiles and normally avoid crashing into other objects...dunno)

4. on map Etopia AI doesn't do anything exept harvesting with the given res.collectors.

5. I experienced it once (sry forgot the map) (I played hig) that i captured a hig shipyard and then gave my two capturing marine frigs to give it up and move away but they just got destroyed instantly.
Walkop2011

Quality Control
Quality Control

Complex Patron

canada
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

Quote:

1. map Tanis Wastelands, Hig; my marine frig (I used 2) were not be able to capture Tanis. They moved close but then turned away from it (instead of facing it) and got stuck. I experienced the same prob when I tried to capture a vgr carrier once.

Good bug.
Quote:

2. sometimes on different maps i get blue and white flickering across the whole screen when a defence field is online, i zoomed all the way in and missiles get destroyed by the field. changing into sensor monitor fixed it after a little while.

Others have experienced this as well. Its an annoying bug, for sure.

Quote:

3. often when i launch mining missiles they fly toward the ast. but then get stuck or fly randomly around it. sometimes they hit it eventually. (maybe its because they are declared as weapons/missiles and normally avoid crashing into other objects...dunno)

Thats just the collision boundaries, as you said. Can't be fixed, to the best of my knowledge.

Quote:

4. on map Etopia AI doesn't do anything exept harvesting with the given res.collectors.

Can you reproduce this bug?

Quote:

5. I experienced it once (sry forgot the map) (I played hig) that i captured a hig shipyard and then gave my two capturing marine frigs to give it up and move away but they just got destroyed instantly.

I knew it wasn't just me (and 1 other person)! Marine Frigates have huge issues whenever detatching from a huge number of different ships. The second they try to detach (or even ATTACH, for some) they simpy explode! This renders them completely useless for me, as this happens on many different ship types. I can't send in Marine Frigates without wondering if they're going to explode!

mickey

Admiral
Admiral

Interests: world around and inside me

russia
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject:  
Description:

I periodically face a problem, but it happens only sometimes, but it strongly irritates me!Twisted Evil
When I choose a certain vessel and I press button "L", for a Launch Command, the game immediately stops on 2-3 seconds, and after this command my game is crashed!
The most surprising what is it happens not always! I can press tens times on button "L", choosing the different ships, but crash of game will not occur!
At the chosen vessel the dock can be empty or have units, but it has no value. I remember that game crash of game can occur in any case!
As a rule the problem happens with Hgn_Mothership or Hgn_Carrier!

I changed some numbers in Shiphold however I is not assured what is it influences a problem.

Example for Carrier:
Code:
addAbility(NewShipType, "ShipHold", 1, 40, 15, "rallypoint", "Fighter,Corvette,Utility", 35, {Fighter = "50",},{Corvette = "300",})

Example for MS:
Code:

addAbility(NewShipType,"ShipHold",1, 40, 30,"rallypoint", "Fighter, Corvette, Utility", 35, {SuperCap="2000"},{Frigate="800"},{Fighter="50"}, {Corvette="300"})

Sometimes it seems to me what is it occurs only in some maps, but I am not assured of it.
If game is crashed, that Hw2.log does not inform on an error!
Somebody faced such problem?
In what there can be a reason?

Any guesses will be interesting, thanks...

Last edited by mickey on Tue May 10, 2011 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeworld 2 Complex Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: