Username:   Password:   

Team Complex Official Forum
Portal  FlashChat  Blog  Album  Usergroups  Memberlist  Search  FAQ  Guestbook  User Panel  Register
 Log in to check your private messages  Statistics  Links  Calendar  Downloads  Comments to your karma  Toplist  Recent topics  Voting forum
Amalgamating Complex 9.1 & Warlords 0.60
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Jump to:    
  Post new topic   Reply to topic Team Complex Forum Index » Homeworld Complex Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next    
View previous topicEmail to a Friend.Users who have viewed this topicSave this topic as a txt filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
Jelrak

Commodore
Commodore

canada
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:58 am Reply with quote

V 0.06
1) Armour classes now expanded to 33 categories allowing for maximum flexibility.
2) Fighters now broken into 5 groups: Drones, Scouts, Fighters, Bombers, Elite
To gain better tactical control of fleets:
a) Bombers will no longer engage anything smaller than a frigate
b) Drones will not engage ships larger than Corvettes
c) Scouts will not engage anything larger than fighters with the exception of emp blasts
d) Fighters will not engage anything larger than a frigate
e) Elite will not engage anything larger than a heavy frigate
3) Mercenary Support Flagship now available to be built by Battle Ark
4) Regular Carrier can build Elite Fighters instead of regular
a) Elite Fighters are restricted to 3 squads or between 3 - 9 fighters each
ALC

Content Admin
Content Admin

Complex Team

Post Vote: User is appraised 5.00 out of 5

ireland
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:16 am Reply with quote

You are making great progress.
How close are you to a testable (for us!) release?

Jelrak

Commodore
Commodore

canada
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:10 am Reply with quote

Thank you...I am glad to be assured there is still interest...!

It depends on you guys really. I am doing it in steps so that it is essentially playable at any time, but no real effort has yet gone into balancing. I have certainly tested each ship as imported, but it is time-consuming to do this to any great depth so play-testers might really be a valuable source of criticism to free me up to simply implementing the changes.

Currently I am focusing on importing the smaller ships first, but with the introduction of the Mercenary docking station I will be able to begin testing out some frigates and larger ships as well.

I have mostly put these off before now because I am trying to decide how best to introduce them via the tech tree. As you probably realize the whole thrust of this effort is to provide players (especially those who play defensively) some alternatives to feeling pressured to reach for the biggest ships right away. This mod will let a player do it that way for certain, but it punishes them by removing other ships that might have ultimately proven even more powerful in the long-end game (assuming a player reaches that far). The secondary goal is to even further expand the 'world' aspect of this game so that one can build up a tidy little civilization over which one must serve as protector.

The key here now is to remain true enough to the original intent without accidentally triggering an entirely different type of arms' race. So the larger ships need a bit of a push further up the tree and a reason why they might be good supplements to the rest of the fleet. One thing I would really not want is to have players forget about the main ships in the game already. The new ships are supposed to be limited supplements that either cost more in time or RUs to build or are much weaker or more restricted in quantity than their counterparts. So of course they cannot suddenly offer too large an advantage by then being available much sooner than comparable Hiigaran ships, while they also cannot come in play too far afterwards because then they might have little reason to be researched at such a stage. Yet I equally do not necessarily wish to add too many new tech items so as to make this a game about RUs being spent in constant research. So there is a much simpler balance with fighters in this respect than with frigates.

I have to think about that. I am certainly open to ideas here as well. In fact suggestions about any other aspect of game play that might need a bit of adjusting would be something I would welcome. I have a list of implementations I am slowly working through (such as eventually automating the drone carrier to build its own replacement drones based on a formula selected by the player, etc.).

I also still have to import the Empire and Republic's larger shipyards (I have the 3 fighter/corvette ones in-game, but there are 5 more to go), so access to anything larger than a fighter is currently disabled.

Now it should also be noted that I have permission from Eville Jedi to use his assets for 'personal' use so I suspect I will be restricted to releasing this to only a select few and that those cannot pass it on very far from there. That is mostly why I am keeping any discussion of it to this site only. I will probably only pass it off to those who ask for it by PM here. Maybe I can get him to allow a wider audience after I let him try it out...? Wink

We shall see...! Thank you for your continued interest.
Jelrak

Commodore
Commodore

canada
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:41 pm Reply with quote

V 0.061
1) Solution to introduction of larger Mercenary ships: they are now brought into play with the researching/Production of similarly sized Hiigaran ships.
2) Shinra Carrier implemented. It enables the hiring of additional Shinra Fighters (raising the limit from 1 squadron to 3)
3) Shinra Heavy Ion Frigate implemented as a squadron of 2
b) Shinra Heavy Missile Frigate implemented as a squadron of 1
4) Shinra Destroyer implemented
5) Shinra Dreadnaught implemented
6) Tanis Shipyard now builds all flagships

V 0.062
1) Tanis Shipyard now builds Dreadnaughts
2) Command Shipyard now builds:
a) Tanis Shipyard
b) Vortex
c) Battleships
d) HeavyCruisers
e) Battle Station
3) Changed heirarchy of shipyards & carriers
4) Completed implementing Shinra Mercenaries
5) Implemented Empire & Republic Destroyer and Cruiser Shipyards
Jelrak

Commodore
Commodore

canada
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:16 pm Reply with quote

V 0.063
1) Playing with Alliances, Mercenaries, Drones, and Androids is now an initial option in the research queue
2) Implemented new Dreadnaught classes: Heavy, Battle, & War respectively.
3) Implemented new Heavy Battle Station
4) Implemented Death Star construction
ALC

Content Admin
Content Admin

Complex Team

ireland
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:37 pm Reply with quote

Re 4) above...
...er isn't the Death Star a bit heavy going!

I do remember it took ages to save up enough RUs to build a superstardestroyer, so long that there were no significant enemy vessels left to use it against by the time I deployed it. Interesting from an academic point of view though.

Jelrak

Commodore
Commodore

canada
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote

Yes. I included it only for completeness, given it was possible to do, but one does first need to essentially complete almost all research...really simply a tease... Wink

I did try one and it was able to destroy the enemy Mothership in one shot about 2 minutes into the game so I made it so that it was unable to target anything smaller than a Dreadnaught...the Mothership is classed just below that size level so should be safe Wink
Jelrak

Commodore
Commodore

canada
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:01 am Reply with quote

V 0.064
1) Empire ships complete
2) Republic ships complete
3) Rebel ships complete
4) CIS ships complete
5) Splitting Empire into 5 factions to reduce potency
6) Splitting Republic into 3 factions
7) Splitting Rebels into 3 factions
8 ) Trade Groups Implemented
a) Trade Groups provide access to Android ships
9) Shinra divideded into Shinra & EF
Jelrak

Commodore
Commodore

canada
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:58 am Reply with quote

V 0.065
1) Removed automatic health regeneration for ships. Added support ships instead.
2) Factions implemented to provide various bonuses based on faction chosen:
a) Republic, Fifth Order: focus is speed; increased mfg rate for ships; ships have greater speed
b) Republic, Old Republic: focus is force; increased ship attack strength; access to Mandator Super Dreadnaught
c) Republic, Golden Pillar: focus is defense; ships cost less; ships have more health
d) Empire, Black Hand: focus is speed--accesses faster ship building; access to Eclipse Super Dreadnaught
e) Empire, Dark Fleet: focus is power--accesses more powerful weapons; access to Vengeance Super Dreadnaught
f) Empire, Core: focus is defense--accesses higher ship health; access to Death Star!
g) Empire, Fire Branch: focus is efficiency--accesses lower costing ships; access to Sovereign Super Dreadnaught
h) Empire, Overlords: focus is persistence--accesses increased ship regeneration; access to Executor Super Dreadnaught
Jelrak

Commodore
Commodore

canada
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:55 am Reply with quote

V 0.066
1) Returned health regeneration for frigates only
2) Added Elite Corvettes
3) EFSF complete
4) Added Gundam Sentinels
ALC

Content Admin
Content Admin

Complex Team

ireland
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:23 pm Reply with quote

Jelrak wrote:
access to Executor Super Dreadnaught
It would be fun to take this for a spin on a large map, full of enemy fleets and mining installations!
By the time I'd saved up for one in a past game, there was nothing left to kill Sad

Jelrak

Commodore
Commodore

canada
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:46 pm Reply with quote

I think what I have planned for the SSDs is instead of them taking forever to build they simply will be restricted in terms of what size of vessel they can successfully target. The difficulty of shooting a fly with a cannon comes to mind...

So Dreadnaughts are strong against capital ships and stations, but almost useless against anything smaller than a Destroyer.

This means that racing to pull ahead of the enemy by too great a margin will not necessarily spell instant victory. In fact the entire build progression is a circle...stay ahead of the enemy by a few steps and you will have the advantage so long as they do not opt to head in the opposite direction and return to smaller ships you can no longer target...!

The aim is to keep an array of tactics on the table for all types of players. If you wish to play defensively there are structures for that. More offensively? There are an additional 250 ships (at present) to ensure each game is very different as they are not all accessible in each game.

There is now an alignment selection to ensure the player is presented with allies and mercenaries appropriate to their temperament...and some Trade Groups are alignment specific and some are neutral.

We shall see how it all works...I have completed the Gundam Seed ships and will be considering whether to attempt adding in the BSG or Homefront next...
ALC

Content Admin
Content Admin

Complex Team

ireland
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:53 pm Reply with quote

Sounds good.
We all remember what happened to the flagship SSD at the battle of Endor...

Jelrak

Commodore
Commodore

canada
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:52 pm Reply with quote

Quite so!

V 0.067
1) Gundam ships complete
2) Bentusi Complete
3) Kadeshi Complete
4) Keepers Complete
Jelrak

Commodore
Commodore

canada
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:03 am Reply with quote

V 0.068
1) Taiidan Complete
2) Turanic Raiders Complete
3) 1st phase of Vaygr Complete
  Post new topic   Reply to topic Team Complex Forum Index » Homeworld Complex Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next    
Page 2 of 12